Enforcement | Alter Family Law | Colorado Divorce and Family Law Attorney Skip to content


Enforcing a Mediated Agreement

You just finished mediating a divorce, parenting time, or child support dispute and reached an agreement. Now what? Can it be enforced? Yes and no. Technically, only signed court orders can be enforced. Remember this. A mediated agreement signed by both parties and perhaps the mediator is unenforceable in and of itself – plain and…

Read More

Writ of Habeas Corpus and Writ of Assistance

Sometimes an order is issued which is difficult to enforce. One such order involves a parenting time or child custody order that the other parent (‘bad parent’) refuses to abide by and hides with the child so that they cannot be found. The parent with the order (‘good parent’) needs some way to enforce that…

Read More
Scroll To Top